We all now have these powerful phones and I must admit, they take great pics and can do amazing things. I am always curious about photo apps and found one super cool one the other day! It just came out and is called WordFoto. It can take your pics and add words and create super cool art! In playing with it for a day or so…I have noticed that close up shots work best. Some feature highlights:
– Fast and fully automated word filling algorithm.
– Manual word filling fine tune parameters.
– Inspect detail in zoomable preview.
– Eight unique preset styles.
– User defined custom styles with lots of parameters.
– Import images from photo album or camera.
– Crop editor.
– Manage and create your own word sets.
– Resulting word images are full resolution.
– Save, email or share on Facebook.
– Save original and cropped original.
If you are creative…a must buy. Cost is $1.99. Available now in iTunes and Andriod will be TBD. WordFoto gets 8 out of 10 from me!
The format is a PDF (891 MB). It contains 93 pages and you can see the Table of Contents above. At this time when you visit www.talkephotography.com (IR eBook)…you can place an order and I will send a confirming email at days end. The next day I will personally send the file on a CD-ROM to you via US mail. Cost of the eBook is $12.25 (includes shipping and handling).
If you are eager to learn about IR photography, this is a great start! Thanks so much for your interest! ~ Pete Talke
About a month ago I told you about a great app for the iPhone/iPad called “The Photographers Ephemeris”. This app gives you the suns location outdoors. Perfect for planning photo shoots! I found another similar, and possibly slightly better app. This is called LightTrac. It just arrived onto iTunes and if you go quickly…it is only $0.99!!! Great price! I downloaded it yesterday and it works great! I love the slider at the bottom of the screen that allows you to change the time of day. The angle of the the sun rotates with your selection! I’d give it a 10 out of 10!! Kudos LightTrac!!